December 19, 2012
As we approach the winter break, the spirit of the season should allow us to enjoy spontaneous joyful moments and also to reflect upon the countless blessings in our lives. At this time of year and in the wake of the recent tragedy in Connecticut, the importance of children, family and friends becomes even more distinct.
I'd like to take this moment to commend and thank members of the school community for their perseverance over the past few weeks and for recognizing the importance of helping others in a time of need. The outpouring of generosity and support from each of our schools toward assisting people in areas harder hit by the recent storm has been unparalleled. The important lessons our students have learned as a result of such an experience are likely to stay with them for life.
In the coming year, we will continue to face opportunities and challenges as individuals, as families, and collectively as a school district. We have accomplished a great deal during the past year and we have a great deal more to accomplish moving forward. With our dedicated staff members and a continued strengthening of the home-school partnership, my belief is that we will maintain and build upon our focus on what is best for our students and community.
During the week upcoming and throughout the new year, continue to give the gifts of time, patience, understanding, and caring to your children and loved ones. These gifts outweigh anything that can be wrapped or tied with a bow.
May your holidays be filled with joy and happiness and may 2013 bring you ongoing success and good fortune. Once again, I thank you all for making Huntington a very special place to learn and work.
Very truly yours,
James W. Polansky
Superintendent of Schools
- March 5, 2013 Letter to Parents on School Calendar Revisions
- Superintendent's STEM School Letter to Grade 1-4 Parents
- Superintendent's Letter to Parents on 2013-14 District Calendar
- December 19, 2012 Superintendent's Holiday Letter to the Community
- December 17, 2012 Superintendent's Letter to the Community
- November 20, 2012 Superintendent's Letter on District Calendar Revisions
- November 13, 2012 Superintendent's Storm Recovery Letter
- August, 2012 Back to School Letter
- August 14, 2012 Welcome Back Staff and Faculty
- June 18, 2012 Letter to the Community
- May 16, 2012 Letter to the Community
- April 30, 2012 Letter to the Community
- February 3, 2012 Letter to the Community
- December 22, 2011 Letter to the Community
- November 15, 2011 Letter to the Community
- August 25, 2011 Welcome Back Letter by James W. Polansky
- July 11, 2011 Superintendent Polansky's Opening Letter to the Huntington School Community
(All forms are downloadable in Adobe .pdf format)